Monday, February 7, 2011

18???

On Saturday, my oldest daughter turned 18. I can't believe it. How did that happen?
We played at the Gospel Grass in Goldfield. In the morning we played at the church located in the ghost town. It was extremely cold inside and out, so our fingers were having a hard time moving at times. Then we played outside in their downtown area. We needed to play between gun fights that occurred on the hour in the middle of town. After a while, our little ones were just walking around with their ears covered, just in case. It is a challenge to play outside with someone else's sound system and soundmen since they don't know all our quirks!! We are constantly learning on this trip, but thoroughly enjoying all the people God is putting in our path. What a blessing.
After Goldfield, we took Dani to Walmart. I'm sure she was not excited to go, but willing. We needed to get her out of the trailer so Dad and the girls could bake her a cake!! Apparently our trailer wasn't totally level as it was leaning a bit, but delicious.
We went on a trek for a Chinese buffet. Our GPS took us many miles away to a restaurant that was closed! After looking at another Chinese restaurant that wasn't big enough to fit all of us, we decided to compromise and just go to the Grand Buffet. What a surprise when we entered and smelled Chinese food. The food was incredible and we even got them to sing "Happy Birthday" for Dani. It happened to be over the loud speaker, so that made her turn red, but it was a good memory.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun time it looks like you are having! And I am so glad Miss Dani had a wonderful birthday. :)

    Blessings,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Maudie Smith. My daughter Taylor was pen pals with Hannah I believe. I just happened upon your blog and if I have the right people, could you please email me? Taylor has been wanting to write Hannah, but we haven't known how to get in touch. My email addy is cameronandmaudie@yahoo.com. I hope you are the right family. But I am still happy to find this blog; you all seem to be doing great things for the Lord! God bless :-)

    Maudie

    ReplyDelete