Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Perspectives

We have a choice to make every day; whether to look at the good and be thankful, or to focus on the bad or discouraging things and let that rule our attitude. We could focus on the fact that we had a bazillion loads of laundry to do and everyone else in the RV park was doing their laundry on the same day, or realize that if God numbers my days and I have surrendered to Him, that laundry wasn't His first priority for us in the morning. We could focus on the fact that although we packed everything we need for the trip, we can't find any of it and get frustrated or we could stop and pray, asking God where that particular item is hiding and He can show Himself faithful over and over by revealing where it is at. (Which He has).

Our family was blessed by the request of the park to stay the week and play some music for their Sunday morning service. I would highly recommend Saddle Mountain to anyone that comes out to Tonopah. It is a great park and the people are wonderful. We could focus on the fact that groceries are 20+ miles away and our refrigerator is too small to hold much, or we could thank God for His faithful provision and His wonderful plan. We have been so blessed already by people at this park we could stay all month.

There are always perspectives to take on any situation and I'm not the best at always choosing the right perspective. But as I practice watching for God in all situations and keep thankfulness on my lips, I am learning so much more about my wonderful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment